One of the most glamorous events of Indian Film is here: Indian Film Festival 2017!
Lights and colour for the cultural capital of Australia, where Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne (IFFM) is folding currently!
It is one of the important events in the city’s art calendar where IFFM always propels locals to get involved in best of Indian Cinema. This time, sixty films have been screened and this is the festival’s biggest program yet. Let me provide some interesting glimpse of the event to you all.
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ was chosen as the opening flick and director Alankrita Srivastava with Konkona Sharma addressed the audience, which was full of zeal.
- Undoubtedly the event was a glamorous one, and the flicks ‘Dangal and Baahubali 2’ took ‘People’s Choice Awards’.
- Rajkummar Rao won the special award for his performance in ‘Trapped’, while Sushant Singh Rajput was bestowed with best actor award for ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story.’
- Australian Director, Garth Davis accepted the ‘Diversity Award’ for the film ‘Lion’, while Rahul Bose won the award for ‘Equality in Cinema’ for his outstanding film ‘Poorna’.
- Queen of Bollywood and ‘Pride Of India’ Aishwarya Rai was bestowed with an award for Excellence In Global Cinema’. She also hoisted the Indian Flag to commemorate the 70th year of the independence of India, at Melbourne’s Federation Square and became the first woman to do so.
- The affair was full of dance and singing performances, where ‘Kakkar sisters’ made the audiences groove with their energetic singing performances of Bollywood numbers.
- Federation Square of Melbourne hosted a dance competition where people of Indian origin and other nationalities tapped their feet at chart bursting Bollywood numbers!
The festival has grown in ‘craze’ and has become one of the ‘must-attend’ events in Melbourne now!