Warning: Adult supervision required for readers below 13+. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR ANYWHERE ELSE.
Supposedly it is just a game, but the so called blue whale challenge is far off from being just a game. It is the biggest bane of technology our generation could ever be part of. Young teens who take the psychotic decision to be a part of this game due to millions of unfortunate reasons, have to follow a series of a task which eventually ends up with the last task, asking the player to jump off the building and lose their lives in order to win! And mind you the tasks become more and more sinister with each day.
This psychotic game goes by many names, from ‘The Silent House’, ‘Wake me up at 4:20 am ‘ and even ‘A sea of whales’. The term “Blue Whale” comes from the phenomenon of beached whales, which is linked to suicide.
It is a series of 50 days tasks that are primarily played via the Russian website VKontakte, which is reportedly not available and accessible anymore (incase you are getting intimated by the thought of the whole series).
The game has already taken about 130 lives in Russia from November 2015- December 2016 and recently India too has become the part of the demented trend; when a 14-year-old boy took his life in order to win the game on 29 July 2017, in Mumbai.
How it works?
I am repeating again, you are not to be a part of this trend.
The game’s curator finds players through “death groups” or “suicide groups” set up on VK.com. The Russian police force has supposedly shut down several of these groups in recent years but say that as soon as one is shut down, another starts up and this has driven them underground.
Once you’ve been accepted, you are given your first of 50 daily challenges. These are anything from simple tasks like listening to a certain song, watching unsettling videos and waking up at odd times to much more extreme requests like cutting words or whale symbols into your skin. The first challenge usually comes at 4:20 am. Every time you accomplish a task, you must provide photographic or video proof of completion to the admin, failing to which you get punished in several ways.
Backing out once you have entered isn’t an option the players have, as the curator doesn’t allow it and stepping against him brings in messages like “I have all your information, they will come for you”
Although Blue Whale has not been found to have directly caused a rise in teens taking their own lives, but we all know that the so called “suicide groups”, that promote suicide are real and are a big problem, especially in Russia.
These groups encourage children to commit suicide by substantially convincing them that they are “fat” or “losers” in this world, and there is another world out there and there they will be among the chosen ones to become a part of it.
Complete List Of Blue Whale Challenges
A Reddit user posted this list of tasks which were patently posted in a comment on a story about the game on a Russian news website.
1. Carve with a razor “f57” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to the curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
30-49. Every day you wake up at 4:20 am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they” send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale.”
50. Jump off a high building. Take your life.
Want To Play?
Sorry, you can’t. Assuming that it even exists you will have to search really hard for this because it’s not out in the open.
Perhaps you’re just looking to play so that you can troll the admins, to expose them or to seek revenge but remember, anyone who encourages a vulnerable teen to take their own life is sick and you don’t know what people like that are capable of.
Remember it’s the most demented trend, so DO NOT BE A PART of it; in any condition.
And if this game is what you have been looking for , then contact the following :
AASRA : 022 2754 6669
Hours: 24 Hours, 7 days
Languages: Hindi, English
AASRA is a suicide prevention group, established in India.
Disclaimer: This article is only meant for information purposes and no reader is to search for anything mentioned on this page.